Road trip has begun!

 I write this on the second night of our road-trip, I wrote the title on the first night but never got around to actually filling the content because I'd written four posts already it was so late in the night and ugh I just wanted to go sleep.

So yea, the road-trip has begun, AK and myself on our weeklong trip to Salt Lake City and beyond (who knows! we have literally zero clue and zero plans on where we want to be and what we want to do!). We got our basic supplies of...extremely wasteful 8 oz bottles of water (80 of them, in my defence I didn't know they were minis), a dozen Costco croissants, a large watermelon, and 180 tablets of lactaid for me. That watermelon has already made stories, but that's for the future.

The main goal of the trip is to take it easy, not rush from one location to another but take our time appreciating the surroundings, getting to know places and just soaking in the vibe, you know? Well... The vibe I'm soaking right now as I write these very words is that of a motel that's not been renovated since the late sixties, possibly even earlier. My guess about the place is that it was a run-down place that was about to be torn down and bought by a very dysfunctional family, who also lives in there behind the counter mind you!, and they are running it very...poorly. The management is comically...strange. Like the only way they know if they have a room available or not, and the only way, is if they have their keys in the right place. Straight out of the 1860's if you ask me. There are many, many things to write about the place, but I'll save that for a separate post.

We stayed yesterday at this motel-y town called Pendleton. The only thing I can tell about the town is that. It had a lot of motels. That's it. Then we went to Boise Idaho earlier today where we met APM who's AD's sister and who visited me last year. Hung out with her in the park and had watermelon. I don't want to give away too much of the watermelon story yet.

And now we're here. It's always been an adventure.

Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.