Spring memories: I got a raise I was not unhappy with!

 This is news from way back in March but because...Nepal...not writing..etcetera, thought I'd put it in here, as a reminder to my future self and as a news of sorts to the rare readers who still able about every so often.

So in March I got a raise, that was backdated to the beginning of the year, and it was...not disappointing? It didn't match inflation, obviously, but now my salary is at a place I thought I'd be at four or five years ago, so I'm not like completely ashamed and embarrassed about my financial situation. Basically, I get paid about as much my compatriots at non-tech companies do, except they're given just as much in equity and/or stock, but I'm not so I'm only halfway from my cohort. Which is still a win in my book. Small wins, one win at a time people. It's a marathon, not 100m dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.