I donated a lot of money to a random website, and it feels good!

 The other day I was looking for this book that I had multiple copies of in electronic form already, but in really crappy format. I found this lady who'd published the book in a really nice format manually and made it freely available for download. That was so exciting to me, I donated a lot of money to her thru paypal. How much? Well let's say I'd have been able to buy multiple physical versions, potentially the original print published 140 years ago, if I'd paid for the book directly. But it didn't matter, what mattered to me was people were going out of there way to help others by publishing and formatting long-discarded books for free. Such nice beings! So kind. And such kindness deserves rewards.

Also tried donating to the wisdomlib guy, the website was broken, I emailed him but he's not replied yet. Bit concerned he might have the zeal of a recent convert, in retrospect so even if he does get back me I dunno how motivated I'm still to donate to him.

Anyway I donated money with no expectation of anything in return, to a person I felt should be rewarded, and it feels amaazing. Might get some patreon subscriptions too at this point, why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.