Sprouting sprouts

 I've been sprouting black lentil seeds for the last week or so. Got the seeds at TJ's and cooked dal once, the next day one of the seeds washed away in the sink had grown shoots and root and I thought wah that's a great idea and I started doing it. I've had four meals involving the sprouts, it has gone really well. It's been literally the longest stretch of sprouting and sprout-eating I've gone thru. I'm planning on sprouting all the seeds and legumes in the future, if only to increase the nutrition of the seeds.

Also listened to the Sprouts episode of spilled milk podcast which came out a couple of days and started sprouting moong beans too because of course, I've had those seeds for a long time and mung sprouts are the most common. I think this is one of those ingredients I want to keep with me all the time, so I'll always have something either growing or storing in the fridge in the future.

Great mini project to do. Next step is microgreens, and also using it to make rice wine or rice syrup. But that's a little more complex we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.