Review of Cake House the Chinese Bakery in Seattle Chinatown

After getting our ramen lunch at Samurai Ramen, AS(y) and I ambled about Chinatown for a bit, hoping to find a good Chinese bakery. I looked at three places before finally encountering this bakery.

It's a chinese bakery, so you have your bao buns and cookies and maybe some pastries. All of them were good, the coconut cookies were heavenly. Prices were extremely reasonable, for the time and place, and it was how you say...highly authentic, in that it was clearly run by a Chinese family who was doing it more for the craft than the money, they took cash only, and they'd run out of supplies as the day went by so the earlier you got there the better your options were. Also the place was highly trafficked by Chinese (and possibly other nationalities) customers.

I know where I'm getting my next red-bean bao from, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.