Boise, Idaho: My thoughts on

 Boise is one of those spread out American cities from the last century, they've not yet figured out ample vertical construction is the way of the future. It's full of large parking lots with little to show, strip malls and low-rise complexes. The redeeming value lies in their ample public parks and recreational areas, and availability of other adventure activities nearby.

If I were to make recommendations to the city I'd suggest them removing zoning restrictions, allowing multi-usage construction, and encouraging higher density construction with mixed retail, commercial and residential units. And improve their public transport system.

Don't know or remember exactly what I hoped the city would be like, but it's got so much potential, if only people invested more.

One hopes all the migrants coming in priced out of California will drive the city and state towards urban densification.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.