Nepali culture and disappointing cultural changes, a bit of a shock in reverse

This will be quick, it's gossip material about people I know that I'd otherwise maybe not write here but I'm running out of personal information to share.

One aspect of Nepali culture, particular to rich, young guys and gals who are married, that I absolutely abhorred when discovered it this summer particularly sticks out.

It turns out, a lot of people our age, who have gotten recently married, and possibly have kids even, are casually cheating on their partners, and don't consider it a big deal to cheat, because they're 'not serious about cheating, its just a casual thing'. Wish I could say it was just one case, but several situations were discovered and discussed etcetera. Rather unfortunate.

 Apparently it's the most common among workers in I/NGO's, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was elsewhere. Man, it's not cool.

My theory is that it mostly involves rich people who don't have to face the consequences of their actions, and never have had to because they're so insulated from everything happening in the rest of the world that they don't really care what the negative outcomes are. Because they know they can easily ride it out.

Weird, disappointing, strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.