To be independently wealthy in Nepal is the absolute best, it turns out

This I've talked a lot with YKD, and possibly written about here before.

It turns out being wealthy in Nepal is like awesome. It does read like a stupid observation I know, but I'd never considered the consequences of having a wealthy family that doesn't expect you to work hard or make money, and hands you the control of an endless wallet basically.

Even if not so extreme, if your family is wealthy enough for you to not have to work in your twenties and thirties, that means you can choose to do anything with your days! Party all the time, go to interesting trainings, do out-of-country trips at the drop-of-a-hat, and just chill with your pals during the day drinking tea chatting relaxing and appreciating the slow pace of life. And comment how life in Nepal is so much simpler and better than elsewhere, not noticing your circumstances are unique and highly privileged.

And to people who are doing well but are embarrassed about it in Nepal, I've started telling them: wealth cures all ailments, make it work harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.