Evaluating going to grad school gain

 Last week I dreamed I was going to, or planning to go to, grad school in Europe. UK, Netherlands or Germany. That was such a strange, fascinating concept that more thought had to be given to it in full consciousness. Which lead to looking up the fees for MBA in Oxbridge. Yikes, no oxbridge for me!

But I got thinking, a year or two in grad school, in a cheapish european country while I maybe to a side job to pay for my expenses, learn new culture and a whole new way of looking at things wouldn't be too bad. That would mean a lot of money lost as opportunity cost, and without a partner supporting me financial considerations would surely arise, but I have enough savings squirreled away, and a strong enough friends and family network that there would be no need for concern in the immediate future.

GC has really bound me to this country, the industry and my company specifically. One needs to broaden one's vision to truly see what opportunities the world holes, and I haven't had a chance to do that. Once the immigration situation is figured out, the risk of taking such chances diminishes, and the worse-case scenario becomes more tolerable.

I might end up in Europe for my second master's guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.