Bhat-dal-tarkari for lunch, family works in the fields, storytelling with niece, local fair and swimmingpool visit, getting dropped at PN's, lovely long funny drive, Siroo's ok Ramen, playing marriage again [Sat 10]

I'm writing these journal posts a month and a bit later, but then I have yet to write journals for Feb March April and May, so all things considered, I'm doing quite well here.

I was supposed to leave for Seattle on this day but the airlines people messed it up, extending my trip in VA for the day. Because my family was busy on Sunday, they'd be dropping me at PN's later today, and I'd be flying to Seattle, along with all the plant cuttings from their place.

Had bhat-dal-tarkari for lunch. As ED and AD worked on their vegetable garden, I read stories and showed traditional buddhist symbols to my niece.

After lunch we went to the local fair which didn't impress my family. The ice cream was alright, I'd rather have skipped it (I think I DID skip it). I could see how some people would enjoy it, if they wanted to have a greater civic engagement with the community, but that was not us.

We went to Swimming pool from there. I did a couple of rounds of backfloats, pretending to be a member of their family, and chilled a bit in the jacuzzi. Warm summer jacuzzi experience is just...alright.

Got home, finished all the packing and laundry, and was driven to PN's.

At PN's we chilled for a while, and went on a long fun drive. Funny too because of confusion over streets and other issues, we drove over the same meadow and barn three times over.

Came back to Siroo's (where I'd previously gotten a korean hot dog, my first, several years ago) and got a ramen. It was just ok. I've had better, I can make much better by myself, that's ONE skill I have if nothing else.

In the evening we got desserts and played the game of marriage, where I did quite well and P and I absolutely thrashed N.

This was my last night in VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.