Grocery Outlet: an exploratory trip is never a loss, A review

There had been rumblings about this grocery store not very far from my place that was decently priced, and it was about time I explored it.

The fact that they're a single floor building in an expensive area with an overly large yet improperly managed parking lot right in front of the building told me a lot. I persevered.

Let's cut it short. If I want to buy really cheap soda or plants I'll go there. The trip wasn't a waste of time, because such exploration is never a waste. But it was poorly stocked, not really that cheap, didn't look nice, didn't have many options and reeked of...uhh bad business sense. They didn't need seven cashiers in the middle of the day. The aisles didn't have to be that wide. Why are they wasting the parking lot land. I can see now how smaller companies can fail despite having lower overhead than larger companies. They don't have the capital, or the will, or the vision, to be more efficient, and their inefficiencies and lack of adaptation to changing demands kill them eventually. Which is fine if that's what they aspire to do. Fail.

But my trip, that was a grand success, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.