I'm having too good of a time and am embarrassed about it

In the evenings a sort of serenity, a peaceful calm almost overwhelms me, so much so I feel guilty about the state of my zen. Right after my evening walks, as I warm up a cup or two or three of tea, while reading writing and watching tv and just relax, everything just sort of falls into place. There is nothing bothering me specially, no thorns pricking me, no existential dread, no fear and no worries about the future. Just peace with what I have and where I'm at.

I've said it before and I'll repeat as many times as I can, it's also the Seattle weather. The thing is, it's very rarely oppressive. And this year we've been extra lucky, the three days have alternated between cloudy and sunny which means I've been able to appreciate best of all the worlds. The traffic noise doesn't even bother me anymore, it's possible that might have something to do with the plants, or the water feature. Possibly the fact that I just got back and reallly appreciate having a space of my own. But the reasons don't matter, this is nice. I'm going to remember this fondly. Yum. Yum. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.