Some days are so productive, I confuse myself

This would have been one of the throwaway 'oh by the way the day was really productive workwise, got so much done', but we've got some time (and a hella lotta posts) to explore and think and discuss, so let's do that.

I barely blinked at work today, it was that busy. No meetings no, and it was mostly blind direction-following and returning messages and co-ordinating stuff. Truth be told, and this needs to be a post of its own, my current position is dead simple in terms of the impact it has. I install a very specific brand of software in really specific hardware and network topologies. It's just that everything around that is so complex that it is quite far removed from installing a piece of software on your machine.

Regardless, the work done was so nice, I put a cute little metaphorical bow on it, and left at a good point, setting myself for an easy win tomorrow. Felt good, but not particularly so. Yes I do want to have fulfilling and rewarding job that I feel good about accomplishing. But not at the cost of stress, anxiety or social commitments.

It was nice to get things done, once every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.